Nov 19, 2017

Today is World Gratitude Day. Celebrate!

Today is World Gratitude Day. Take some time and celebrate it. There’s research that says gratitude is good for you.
And it’s so easy!
  1. Pick something.
  2. Be grateful for it.
Boom! That’s all it takes.
That’s low effort and low-quality gratitude, but it’s still gratitude. You can do better by upping the quantity or the quality of your expressions of gratitude. For example, you can do this:
  1. Pick something.
  2. Take a moment and get clear in your mind what it is that you are grateful for.
  3. Take another moment and consider who or what helped bring that about.
  4. Express your gratitude to them directly or to other people.
Let me give you a couple of examples:
Example 1:
  1. I participate in several ongoing Google Hangout chat channels. I picked one of them.
  2. I thought about the fact it inspires me to be more mindful, more ware, and more creative.
  3. I thought about the other guys in the Hangout.
  4. I sent a message, thanked them, and said why.
Example 2:
  1. I picked my life, today, as something that I am grateful for.
  2. I thought about it clearly.
  3. So many contribute! But I picked my past self: Past Me.
  4. I silently said thanks.
Example 3:
  1. I invented World Gratitude Day. Someone else may have invented it too, but I invented or reinvented it today.
  2. I thought about it and imagined what it could be.
  3. I picked my friends in the Hangout channel, who had (in part) inspired me to invent it. I thought about other friends who inspired me to make it better.
  4. I wrote this post.
So today is World Gratitude Day. This is my way of expressing appreciation for everything that has contributed to it, and to my being able to write this post.
Remember: most of the universe is dead. Most humans are dead. Be grateful while you have the chance.
Even if you’re completely selfish, it still pays to be grateful. It’s good for you, and it can be even better for you if you let other people know.
Today is World Gratitude Day. Which day? This day. Every day. Celebrate.
#WGD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages