Aug 25, 2017

I'm on a boat!

One of my favorite daughters posted a picture in our family Hangouts channel titled “I’m on a boat,” because, you know, they were on a boat and that's what the picture showed. 
And because it was a shout out to an NSFW Lonely Island song titled, umm, "I'm on a boat". She and her husband were the first to turn me on to the song. I think it’s hilarious.
If you haven’t heard it (or even if you have) here’s the lyric: (Or you can listen to it by clicking on the NSFW link. But don't say I didn't warn you.)
I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
Everybody look at me cause I'm sailin on a boat (sailin on a boat)
I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
I'm on a boat…
OK, so far, so good.
Take a good hard look at the motherfuckin boat (boat, yeah)
And it goes on from there. Kind of downhill. But funny downhill.
So I’m imagining my five-year-old grandson, who is in the background of the picture, grown up. Maybe sixteen. Or maybe ten. Kids grow up pretty fast.
"Mama, Dada," he says, "Have you seen this? He holds out his device and he plays the video. "Do you think this is funny?" 
“We've seen it," they say. "And we thought it was funny when we first saw it. And it might surprise you to know that it was a favorite of Papa’s, too.”
Actually,” he says, “I’m not surprised. They look at him, waiting for him to explain.
He continues with a smile. "I found it on his effing blog.”
Or maybe it will be one of the other grandkids. But they might not say "actually." And they might not say "effing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages