Aug 20, 2018

Voice typing is the bomb!

Voice timing typing is the bomb!

I've been trying to get into using better at using voice typing to write my blog posts. It's been a slow process with lots of setbacks. But I think I finally am hitting my stride.

My aspiration is simple. Here's my aspiration: I'd like to be able to write a complete blog posts, fairly long, and with moderate intellectual content, and produce it them in the a single draft. As I am trying to do right now.

(I'm two paragraphs into this thing, and it's going pretty well.)

The secret to being able to do this, as with all things his practice.

Practice! Practice! Practice!

My phone is my tool of choice for the first draft. I like to produce them first drafts while I'm walking up and down my 500-foot driveway. I started this on the way up. Right now, I'm on the way back down. walking back down my 500  foot driveway; Walking does might not permit work for voice typing the deepest sort of thinking ideas, but it's not bad for producing something moderately thoughtful like this.

I do my first drafts in a Google dDoc that I've got shortcut head shortcutted on my phone's home screen. That way I can lets me work on the same document on my phone and on my other devices.

Writing something that requires deeper thinking takes other tools. I can speak athe first draft on my phone. Bbut then I have to go to need a device with a keyboard and to revise it. And for more thoughtful pieces, to rewrite it. My tool of choice for that activity is I use Google Docs, with a voice typing on either my Chromebook or my Lenovo ThinkPad. I like my Chromebook because it's portable and I think it's got a for its better microphone. I like my ThinkPad because it's got a for its better keyboard.

I'm done sp with speaking my first draft. Instead of revising it and losing all the changes, I'll deliberately red line it so you can see what's difference different between my first draft and the final.

I copy/pasted the text from Google Docs into the Blogger editor which makes it easy for me to strike through deleted text and underline additions (like this sentence.)

iIf you aspire to be able to do this as well too, I have three words for you. Practice! Practice! Practice!

PS: I will get better at doing this. How? I have three words for you. Guess which ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages