Jun 9, 2019

Paradise forgotten, paradise remembered

Paradise forgotten, paradise remembered

I ended May with a flurry of writing activity: seven posts in this blog in five days. And several posts in others, too. That’s the way that I want things to be.
Then I became obsessed with making the next round of improvements to my vastly improved writing practice. What could go wrong?
I just said it. I became obsessed. I completely forgot the last significant insight I’d had: the one I wrote about in Jocko Wilnick’s three principles for success.
Discipline.
I forgot about discipline.
Now I remember.
And I remember some of the other things that I had learned and wrote about that week—but only because Past Me wrote about them. Thank you Past Me! If I had to remember them on my own, I don’t believe I could have.
So, Future Me, here’s what I aspire to help you become: disciplined.
I could probably acquire a new habit reasonably quickly if I already had discipline.
But I don’t.
But how do I bootstrap discipline?
I have an idea, and I’ll update this post and link to a new one about it if it works.
No link? No discipline.
Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages