Jan 9, 2016

On the road with music



I'd been having such a good time with Yousician, as I've written about earlier, and I didn't want to lose momentum entirely. So before I left Maine I ordered an amplifier so that I could play on the road. Here's my setup: guitar, computer, and this amp.

The guitar is input to the amp. One output channel goes to a USB microphone adapter for the computer.  I run Yousician on the computer. The computer's output goes into a Y connector and the other side of the Y connector gets the second guitar channel. The mix goes into my headphones, so I can hear the backing track and my instrument together.

I broke out the rig and practiced my first night on the road, it worked great.

Since then I've skipped my practice sessions, but I'll get back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages