Jan 8, 2017

The new Zygote Numbering System (ZNS17)

My kids (actually ours, credit where due) are pretty inspiring.

I may be giving them shout-outs from time to time in this blog and they may prefer a bit of anonymity and privacy, (Well, I know you don't Z2, but some the other Zygotes might.) And I've never documented the Zygote Numbering System (TM), so here's my chance.

I created the ZNS years ago for amusement (mine) and annoyance (the Zygotes) but I think they've decided to be at least a little amused. Or decided to pretend to. Or not. Anyway, I'm still amused.

The ZNS began as a wsimple enumeration: Zygote 1 (Z1) is our eldest daughter. Z2 the middle. Z3 is our youngest.

Then Z2 had a kid, and I revised the ZNS to account for that. Z2 (with her husband's help) had Z2.1, Z2,2 and Z2,3; then Z3 (with help) produced Z3.1 and Z3,2; and most recently Z1 (with help) produced the lovely Z1.1.

But what about those helpers? They were once Zygotes, and are now are my sons-by-marriage. Writing this post brought me to realize that the ZNS needed further extension.

I hereby welcome Zbm1, Zbm2, Zbm3 to the Extended ZNS (2017), aka ZNS17. For reference: ZBM is pronounced Zih buhm (accent on the second syllable) by the cool kids. That being me.

For referential completeness, I've assigned myself the Zygote root symbol: Z. Bobbi is Z'. (Z prime).

Approved 1/8/2017 by the ZNS Engineering Task Force (ZETF).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages