Dec 27, 2017

75 Years - 4 days: Work Routine

I intend to become a post-a-day guy like my current hero, Miles Kimball. To do that, I'm going to have to make some changes to my writing routine--or lack of routine.

My theory is that the best time to do my writing is in the morning. The routine that I want to establish has me start each day by brainstorming topics for 15 minutes. Then I either pick a topic or not and do my Daily Pages. If the result of my Pages is a shitty first draft for an article, then I use that and I finish it up. Otherwise, I pick a topic to write on and I write on that topic.

To make this practice, and not just activity, I've got to review the words that I've written and try to learn something from what I've written. I'd like to produce articles that flow. I'd like first drafts that are last drafts. To the degree that I don't get that, I need to change my process.

Tomorrow, also, I'm going to go through my published posts and organize them in categories: make a list of recurring topics, and put each article in its category. And make sure that each article has a title that will make it easy for me to find it again.

Tomorrow I'm also going to set up my sound system--at least to the point that I can record speech. Once I can record speech I'm going to record the first chapter of Champion, put it in SoundCloud and send it on to Mira and Luke.

That will be fun, I think.

I'm also going to work on my 9/11 fantasy and see if I can move that project forward.

And I'm going to make a to-do list and get back into that routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages