Dec 25, 2017

75 years - 5 days. Posting retrospective

I've published 272 posts since I started this blog. When I thought about what I've written, the first three that I remembered being particularly proud of writing were "Violence Markets and Government Monopolies" and "The Illusion of Liberal Failure" and "Reality Isn't Optional" Each is a fairly well thought through treatment of a political/economic idea.

Tonight I reviewed the other posts that I've written and found some recurring themes. There are some other posts about economics and politics that I'm also proud of. There's a series sparked by my reading Sam Harris' book, "Waking Up." and there are other posts on the subject of mindfulness. I've written a series of posts on my own experience blogging, and another series about my experience as I continue to age and to deteriorate.

Miles Kimball has recurring themes and "sub-blogs" in his blog In his blog, Supply Side Liberal. When he writes a post on a topic he includes, at the end of the post, a list of posts in the series. I've found tins useful when reading his arguments to find the earlier posts in the series. He also occasionally writes a "top-level" post that provides context, motivation, and overview for the posts in a particular series. These are all good ideas, and I'm going to adopt them.

I've decided to go through my old posts and organize them by topic, create top-level posts and put links to the details in all the posts in a series so that someone (if only me) can follow the thread of argument from one post to another.

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages