Nov 1, 2018

November is NaNoWriMo

It’s November and November is National novel writing month. NaNoWriMo. But I’ve said that before. And I’ve said before I wrote a book in 2011 and if you care to find out about it, you can click the I’ve said that before link. And I said, then, that I was going to write again this year. And I am.
You might say: “Mike has imagined a book that talks to him and wants to get written and he’s writing it..” Or you can say: “This book, which is nothing but an idea in his mind, has done what other ideas in other minds have done: it’s taken over the mind that it occupies. And the book, like other ideas, has become an obsession.” Or you might say “What the fuck are you wasting your time on? Pass me another beer.”
In fact, while the number of things that you might say is not beyond counting (a countable set is one that can be put in 1:1 correspondence with the integers), it is infinite.
The point is (assuming there is a point) it doesn’t matter what you might say, or what you could say, or what you do say. The book is on its way. I want it to take over my mind and turn it in beneficial directions. I’ve intended it for just that purpose.
I’m interested to see how far this will go. Will I write the required 50,000 words this month? Will I help the book realize itself as it’s been conceived. Will the book help me realize myself as I’ve been conceived.
Who knows. But this book is serious. It exists, if only as an idea, and it wants to manifest itself. Today, under its influence, I set up a website for the book, a blog for the book, and an email address for the book.
I have great hopes for the book. And it, and I, have great hopes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages