Nov 25, 2018

Waking up Day 30

Holy crap
When I wrote Waking up, Day 20, I thought that things had gotten pretty good. Here I am at Day 30, and things have only gotten better. I’ve gotten into the habit of doing more than one meditation session a day. And sometimes continuing after the guided meditation has ended.
In Waking up with my personal coach I quote Harris’ analogy between astronomy and meditation. If you have never seen the skies at night or photographs !taken using the Hubble or large terrestrial telescopes, you’d never imagine that the sky could be so profoundly interesting. Likewise: I’ve discovered that my mind is a fascinating place.
Harris is trying to encourage me to realize that there’s no difference between the state that I’m in during meditation and the state that is available to me in every waking moment. And also to realize that it’s possible to move instantly into the most focused stage. And it seems to be working.
Written with the help of
StackEdit, Grammerly, Markdown Here, Blogger, and Google voice typing on Android and Chromebook, plus other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages