Dec 14, 2019

A request for miracles

It started with a conversation at the Stonington Opera House. A young woman told me about her miracle—her child.
The next day, I asked for a miracle—and got one.
That led to me remembering a quotation, I’d heard.
That led me to find the original quotation:
That led me to “A Course in Miracles.”
A few days later, in Blue Hill, I saw the young woman again, met her miracle, and told her about my miracles.
There are more miracles to come.

At the opera house

Bobbi and I were at the Stonington Opera House to see “Judy,” a movie about Judy Garland’s life. While we were waiting, I said something that prompted a gal behind the snack-bar counter to tell me: “I had a miracle.”
“What was it?” I asked.
“I tried to have a baby and couldn’t have one. So I prayed, and I now have a baby boy. His name is Matthew. It means “a gift from God.”
“That’s wonderful,” I said. “I don’t believe in God, but I do believe in believing in God, and I’m glad you’ve got your gift.”
We went in and watched the movie. It was good.

My request

Mornings I walk my driveway. It’s 500 feet, up a long hill. I walk up and down four times. It’s a good exercise.
And it’s a good time to think.
The morning after “Judy,” as I walked the driveway, I thought of last night’s conversation.
“I’d like a miracle,” I said to no one in particular as I started up the driveway.
I continued walking up the driveway, thinking about miracles.
And then I looked around and saw a miracle. Life around me! Every bit of it, seemed a miracle. My very existence, my consciousness, seemed a miracle.
“Thank you,” I said to no one in particular.
I had my miracle.

The quotation

A few days later, I remembered something I’d heard from my friend Gil. Something like, “we are afraid of our own power.”
Google to the rescue. I found it. No great miracle there.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
Marianne Williamson wrote it in her book “A RETURN TO LOVE.
I learned that her book was about her experience with another book: “A Course In Miracles.”
That led me to the book itself. I’ve written about it. There will be more. I started doing the course, looking for more miracles.
A few days later, in Blue Hill, I saw the young woman again. I’d never seen her before that day in Stonington and here she was. And there, in her arms was Matthew.I met her miracle, and told her about my own.
I don’t think that seeing her was a miracle. But it was pretty cool. Maybe it was just a sign.
In any case, I consinue to do the course and to look for signs and for miracles
There are more to come for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages