Jan 11, 2015

The Famous Writers Blog

Yesterday (or maybe tomorrow, since I'm backdating this post) WordPress emailed (or will have emailed) me pages from a blog I'd written and forgotten about.

To understand the post's context you have to know about the hijacking of the Achille Lauro and about my Dad's stroke.
On October 7, 1985, four men representing the Palestine Liberation Front (PLF) hijacked the Italian MS Achille Lauro liner off the coast of Egypt, as she was sailing from Alexandria to Ashdod, Israel. The hijacking was masterminded by Muhammad Zaidan, leader of the PLF. One 69-year-old American man in a wheelchair, Leon Klinghoffer, was murdered by the hijackers and thrown overboard.
I have trouble believing that the word "mastermind" applies to a guy who killed one wheelchair-bound old Jewish guy, got no money, got his henchmen imprisoned, and caused the PLO to pay an undisclosed amount of money to Klinghoffer family, but that's what Wikipedia says, so it must be true.

Since my Dad was an old Jewish guy who had had a stroke and was sometimes in a wheelchair, it was only a matter of time before I wrote something to him, then only a matter of time before I reprinted what I wrote in a blog post, and only a matter of time before Wordpress reminded me of what I posted, and now it's only a matter of time before you read about it.

So here it is.
Posted: 07 Jun 2011 06:49 PM PDT
Jonny’s post, recalling Leon Klinghoffer, reminded me of this. My Dad had a stroke. Once we got over the shock and pain, the jokes set in. A year later the family celebrated his strokaversary. I think Mark got him a T-Shirt. Some time later I sent him this:
The IAOSYOJMRFSIW, Inc.
Office of The President
Washington, DC
Mr. Milton A. Wolf
Televaluations, Inc
30 North Avenue
W. PO Box 368
Cranford, NJ 07016

Dear Friend,
They thought they could do it to anyone – black or white, male or female, young or old. But they were wrong. They’ve learned their lesson. They don’t dare touch us – and they never will.

And so on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages