Jan 23, 2015

Could I possibly be stupider? I don't think so.

Yesterday I wrote a post about an epiphany that I had. Well, maybe it wasn't an epiphany. Maybe a mipiphany, a word I just made up. I means a miniature epiphany. Whatever we call it, it was an idea.

For those who don't have time to read the original post, here's the Classic Comic version: Mental Broadcast News strongly influences public opinion. What a voice in my head says, if true, gives that voice, or the faction that it represents more power. Because survival.

In my mipiphany, I relized that when tell myself "I can't write," then I can't I write. Worse, far worse, the "I can't write"  faction gets a stronger hold on the society of mind. And that gives it power to make sure that I can't write.

In my mipiphany, I explained to myself, and the world that isn't listening, but never mind, that the way to break this pattern for me to show the Society of Mind that the "I can't write faction" was not deserving of support and thus power. I could do that by simply sitting down and writing. Something. Anything. As long as it made the "I can't write" assertion invalid.  That would prevent, or at least forestall a further takeover from that already too-strong faction.

So what happens the next day? Of course. You're guessed it. I can't write.

So I'm pretty stupid. But not so stupid that I didn't ultimately remember what it is that I had written, and apply my own brilliant remedy to my own stupid situation and actually write something. Actually a couple of things.

So there!

There's more.

I have ADD. Attention Deficit Disorder. Or some variant. Like maybe Attention Management Disorder, which I thought I'd blogged about, but maybe not. Oops, there it is in my drafts. Well, we'll take care of that soon enough.

Onward!

Today (which, despite the make-up-date of this post, is Feb 2) I realized that at least half, and maybe more, of my chronic, annoying, debilitating, frustrating, maddening ADD problem is tied to my letting my airwaves get clogged by the faction that likes to say "I have ADD."

So let's try a different message.

Now I don't expect that broadcasting that "I am an organized person who can do what he sets his mind to," will make me that person. I'm not that stupid. But it will keep the faction that says "I have ADD" from gaining even more power than the considerable amount that it already has.

To do that, I realized that I needed to realize was what I was doing, which I did about ten minutes ago. Then I realized it shortly afterward.

Then I needed to say "Fuck that!" or some correct variant thereof. Then "I am going to start writing something, and finish it and post it, which is the antithesis of having ADD." Actually I did not say it then, but I'm saying it now.

And then I needed to blast out this post.

And finally, after taking a minute to read it over, and not take too much time fidgeting with it, I needed to press Publish.

But first I need to get a big, fat-ass image of a publish button and put it at the top of this post.

Which, obviously, I've now done.

And now I'll push it.

Take that, "I've got ADD."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages