Jan 27, 2015

Google Now monitors my subconscious

English: Google Logo officially released on Ma...
English: Google Logo officially released on May 2010 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
According to my beloved Google Search History, here's something interesting I did today (not the day that I am writing this, but the date of this post.)

I was looking for a way to download my Search History so that I could comb through and write some backdated posts like this. I found some useful posts, and one of them is the basis for what I'm doing as described in the post referenced in the first para. But I wanted a script. I didn't find one. And eventually I gave up.

Next morning I'm looking at Google Now and I find that it's telling me that I might be interested in a post on Stack Exchange titled:  "Script to Download Google Web History." I go to that page, and it's just what I wanted.


Apparently, even though I gave up trying to find the script, Google Now knew that I was subconsciously unsatisfied with what I had found and that there was a better answer available. So it presented me with the page I'd really wanted, not the one that I'd settled for.

All I can say is: WTF! I love you Google Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages